EcoTech Marine Introduces Next Generation VorTech at InterZoo
Company takes international stage as part of its European and Asian market expansion
Nürnberg, Germany – EcoTech Marine, the company that revolutionized coral aquarium propeller pumps with the VorTech MP40w, unveiled a series of innovative enhancements and new features to their award-winning VorTech pumps today at InterZoo, the world’s leading exhibition for the pet industry. The next generation VorTech provides users with even greater flexibility, safety, durability and performance.
“Over the past year we have been listening to our valued customers, talking with our retailers, monitoring the market and are delighted to announce the VorTech MP40w Gen2,” said Tim Marks, EcoTech director of production. “As innovators in the reef aquarium industry, we strive to continually enhance our products, and Gen2 will once again raise the bar for the industry.”
EcoTech will begin shipping the VorTech MP40w Gen2 to retailers and distributors next week. Contact EcoTech or your distributor for ordering information.
The MP40w Gen2 features a new magnet, high performance plastic drive shaft screw, and revised wet frame cover. The new magnet is fully encapsulated within black plastic, cannot be scratched or damaged under normal use, is more durable, eliminates rusting and requires no regularly scheduled replacements.
New programming features for the MP40w Gen 2 include:
- A new Long Pulse Mode allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- A new Night Mode enables the pump to operate for 14 hours in whichever mode is selected for the day and go back to Night Mode for 10 hours. Master pumps will tell their slaves to go into Night Mode as well.
- A Pump Disconnect feature that automatically shuts down the pump if the dry and wet sides become separated.
Enhancements to existing modes include:
- Feed Mode has been slowed from 1000gph to 500gph to make it easier than ever to spot feed corals and slow moving fish with the push of a button.
- A modified range of adjustment for Short Pulse Mode makes it easier to fine tune wave form.
- A novel save function for Pulse Mode enables users to save their own wave settings, providing an even higher level of customization.
- A more sporadic Reef Crest Mode for both single pump systems and multi pump systems enables more pronounced speed changes constantly throughout the day.
- A more sporadic Lagoon Mode for both single pump systems and multi pump systems provides enhanced variability to better simulate a lagoon environment.
Gen2 is backwards compatible with all VorTech pumps. “We are always working to upgrade and improve upon our products and we will continue to do so,” Marks said from Nürnberg. “As we have done in the past, we strive to make all upgrades backwards compatible at nominal costs so that our customers are able to have the latest and greatest EcoTech products in their aquariums.”
Generation 2 magnet upgrade kits can be purchased directly from EcoTech Marine for $9.45 plus shipping by calling 1.800.954.8480 then dialing for service, or via email at [email protected].
Existing drivers can be upgraded to Gen2 through a simple code re-flash. Because of the programmability of the driver, once you have one driver upgraded to Gen2, that driver can upgrade other Wireless Wave Drivers. The code upgrade itself is free and EcoTech is encouraging customers to take their existing driver into an EcoTech dealer that has a Gen2 demo to upgrade their driver. Contact EcoTech directly to order your demo model with the new code to perform the upgrade.
Tim Marks, EcoTech Marine
610.954.8480; [email protected]